Time for a break. On our way into McClaren during President’s Day weekend.
Photo Courtesy Julie Ohart
Checking out a spacious cave in the moraine of Black Rapids Glacier.
Photo Courtesy Steven Miley Photography
A resident of Delta Junction, Alaska since 1958, he proudly serviced in the U.S. Army and was honorably discharged in April of 1969.
Up until his death, he ran the residential rental business that his parents began. He took great pride in providing honest, clean, affordable housing to those in need.
He was an active member of the local VFW post, and a longtime member of the “Friends of Bill W.” In his free time, he enjoyed the outdoors and all the hunting and fishing that Alaska afforded him.
He was proceeded in death by his father Virgil White, mother Dorothy White, sister Janice Check, and brother Jim White. He is survived by his oldest brother Jack White of Hobbs, NM; daughter Jeana White; son Jimmy White; and daughter Rachel Johnson.
He was a man of deep Christian faith. He was aware that all people fall short of God’s glory from time to time, but we were all given the chance of salvation with the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. He spent his last few years in failing health but continued to enjoy learning and maturing in his faith in Christ Jesus.
A Celebration of Life will be held at the Delta Community Center, 2287 Deborah Street, on Friday, March 2 at 2 p.m. The service will be officiated by Pastor Bill Ladra of the House of Prayer in Delta Junction.
Photo Courtesy Scott Skaleski
“Frozen River Sunset”
Photo Courtesy Scott Skaleski
Thursday, March 1, 2018
TIME: 5:30 PM
PLACE: School Board Conference Room, District Office
The Delta/Greely School District provides each student with opportunities to become a
responsible and productive member of society.
Richard Mauer, President
Eileen Herman,, Vice President
Dana Mock, Treasurer
Flower Cole, Clerk
Harrison Kiser, Student Representative
LTC Michael Foote, Military Representative
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Pledge of Allegiance
D. Correspondence to/from Board
E. Discussion Items
1. Initial FY19 Budget Review – Public Comment/Discussion
2. 1st Reading Board Bylaws 9000 Series – Public Comment/Discussion
3. 1st Reading Board Bylaws 9000 Series – Public Comment/Discussion
F. Future Meetings
1. School Board Business Meeting March 15, 2018
2. School Board Work Session April 5, 2018
G. General Comments from the Public
H. Comments from the Board
2017 – 2018 Board Goals
2. Initial FY19 Budget Review – Public Comment/Discussion
4. 2018-2019 Goals and Self Improvement Plans – Public Comment/Discussion
1. Facilitate the planning, programming, budgeting, execution and reporting of a short and long term maintenance
2. The board will adopt key indicators of success and implement an annual review of those indicators.
3. The board will facilitate the on-going implementation and review of the strategic plan.
4. The board will continue to analyze budget data to identify efficiencies and priorities.