Anchorage, Alaska — Sept. 21, 2017 For more than 100 years, Better Business Bureau has been helping millions of people research businesses they can trust. Now BBB Serving the Northwest has made that search for a trusted business easier with the release of the new BBB App.
With more than 30 million businesses in North America, it’s hard to find verified, unbiased information. Need a quick way to find a doctor? Car repair? A bite to eat? The BBB App makes finding a trustworthy business or service easy based on the user’s location. Whether at home, on the go or on vacation, this new tool will help the estimated 245.6 million smartphone users in the U.S and Canada make smarter decisions and keep them safe from scams.
Every four seconds, someone researches a business with BBB. Rather than going to a web browser, users now have the ability to go straight to the source. The BBB App is optimized for mobile devices which means it has features not readily available on the website. It is available in both iTunes and Google Play stores.
After downloading the free BBB App, users will experience features such as:
- Easy category search. Users can choose between multiple categories to find the type of business they are looking for in their area. The locations can be viewed in map form or a list version.
- View a business’ reputation. This includes the businesses rating and accreditation status.
- Launch the business directory. Get directions to the business, visit the business’ website or call the business right from the app.
- Share with others. Click the share button to send a recommended business to a friend through phone text, Facebook message or any other platform.
- List favorites. Users can “favorite” a company for future reference.
- Receive scam alerts. BBB will periodically send alerts through the app to inform users about scams and consumer protection news happening in their area. Have a family member in California? Or taking a trip to Florida? The BBB app also lets users choose up to three zip codes from which to receive scam alerts.
BBB’s goal is to advance marketplace trust and this app makes that mission easily accessible for smartphone users everywhere in the U.S. and Canada. The BBB App was built in partnership with BBB Accredited Business Matraex. For more details, visit bbb.org/northwest/bbb-app. To learn about the app creators, visit www.matraex.com.