Thursday, September 20, 2018
Delta/Greely School Board
PLACE: School Board Conference Room
Richard Mauer, President
Eileen Herman, Vice President
Dana Mock, Treasurer
Flower Cole, Clerk
Priscilla Joslin, Student Representative
LTC Michael Foote, Military Representative
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Pledge of Allegiance
D. Establishment of Quorum
E. Public Comment on Agenda Items
1. Board Policy 9323
F. Adoption of Agenda
1. Reading of the Board Mission Statement The Delta/Greely School District provides each student with opportunities to become a responsible and productive member of society.
2. Adoption of Agenda All items on the Consent Agenda are approved at the adoption of the agenda.
G. Consent Agenda
1. Approve Minutes from August 16, 2018 Business Meeting
2. Approve Minutes from September 6, 2018 Special Meeting
H. Correspondence to and from the Board
I. Financial Report
1. Financial Report
J. Information Items
1. Superintendent’s Report
2. Assistant Superintendent’s Report
3. President’s Report
4. Military Representative Report
5. Student Representative Report
6. Principals’ Report
K. Action Items
1. Approve Superintendent Search Strategy
2. Approve Strategic Plan Process
3. 2nd Reading/Approval Policies 5111, 5112.5, 5121, 5123, 5124, 5125.1 and 6161.4
4. Approve AASB Board of Directors Nomination
5. Approve Nomination for AASB Carl Rose Award
L. Discussion of Future Meetings
1. School Board Work Session October 4 2018
2. School Board Business Meeting October 18, 2018
M. Public Comment
N. Comments from the Board
BOARD DISTRICT GOALS 20182019
1. Reactivate Facilities Committee.
a. Identify clear steps that are needed if the district is seeking a new building
b. Identify major maintenance priorities
2. Support the development and implementation of a new 35 year Strategic Plan by February 2019.
3. Continue to analyze budget data to identify efficiencies and priorities.
4. Support the review and development of the K12 counseling program to include recommendations for future consideration.