Delta/Greely School Board
TIME: 5:30 PM
PLACE: School Board Conference Room
Richard Mauer, President
Dana Mock, Vice President
Eileen Herman, Treasurer
Barbara Parker, Clerk
Joseph Mock, Student Representative
LTC Detrice Mosby, Military Representative
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Pledge of Allegiance
D. Establishment of Quorum
E. Student Presentation
F. Public Comment
1. Board Policy 9323
G. Adoption of Agenda
1. Adoption of Agenda – All items on the Consent Agenda are approved at the adoption of the agenda.
2. Reading of the Board Mission Statement – The Delta/Greely School District provides each student with
opportunities to become a responsible and productive member of society.
H. Consent Agenda
1. Approve Minutes from November 17, 2016 School Board Meeting
2. Accept Pogo Mine Donation of $30,000
I. Correspondence to and from the Board
J. Financial Report
1. Financial Report
K. Information Items
1. Superintendent’s Report
2. Assistant Superintendent’s Report
3. President’s Report
4. Military Representative Report
5. Student Representative Report
6. Principals’ Report
L. Action Items
1. 2nd Reading/Approval Policy 5112.5, 5131.4, 5131.42, 5131.43, 5131.62, 5131.7,
2. Approve FY17 Budget Revisions
3. Approve MOA with Alaska Interpreting Alliance Inc.
M. Discussion of Future Meetings
1. School Board Work Session January 5, 2017
2. School Board Business Meeting January 19, 2017
N. Public Comment
O. Comments from the Board
Board Goals for 2016 ~ 2017
1. Facilitate the planning, programming, budgeting, execution and reporting of a short and long term maintenance
2. The board will establish key indicators of District success.
3. The board will oversee the on-going implementation of the strategic plan.
4. The board will assess the budget to identify areas for further efficiencies and revenue opportunities.