Tanana Valley State Fairgrounds
1800 College Rd
Fairbanks, AK 99709
– Plant your trees and shrubs ASAP– these bare-root plants will not survive long un-planted! If you can’t plant them right away, put them in a bucket of water.
– Select a planting site where there is plenty of space for the trees or shrubs to grow.
– Dig the planting hole 2-3 times the diameter of the tree roots.
Mix compost or topsoil into the planting hole to help enrich the native soil.
- Top the planting area with 3” of mulch to within 6” of the tree trunk.
– Water deeply about once per week.
– Protect young trees from moose browsing with fencing
– If you notice your trees or shrubs looking unhealthy, feel free to contact us with questions!