The state concession contract to operate the restaurant and gift shop at Big Delta State Historical Park (BDSHP), otherwise known as Rika’s Roadhouse, ends October 30, 2014. This notice meets the requirements of AS 41.21.027(d), to provide for public review and comment prior to entering into a new concession contract for the operation of food services at BDSHP. Comments should be received at the address below, fax, or email to email@example.com by October 22, 2014.
3700 Airport Way
Fairbanks, AK 99709
A new concession contract would provide for:
1. An exclusive right to manage food services at Big Delta State Historial Park
2. A reasonable fee schedule to be set by contract, subject to division review and approval
3. Adequate and effective safety precautions
4. Adequate accommodations for persons with liabilities
5. A 5-year term, with option to renew for two additional ten-year terms
6. A prohibition from significant interference with ordinary and traditional use of BDSHP
7. Full compliance with all relevant state and local laws
Comments will be incorporated in the preliminary decision on whether to enter into a concession contract for the operation of food services at Big Delta State Historical Park.
Northern Area Superintendent
Alaska State Parks