– The Rally will be held from 1-4 p.m. 23 February regardless of weather.
– Use of the Veteran’s Memorial Park has been approved.
– We will have a sound system.
1:00 Opening Remarks / 2nd Amendment
Lonny Meeks – Oath Keepers
Barbara Haney – Common Core / School Choice
Aaron Bennet – State Tyranny
Frank Turney – Nullification / Jury Rights
Liz Breuker – Importance of Freedom and Liberty
3:30 Joe Miller
– Closing Remarks
In the spirit of protest and in efforts to retain the Second Amendment, a nationwide “Day of Resistance” has been organized for Sunday, Feb 23rd 2014 Description February 23rd 2014 – Day of Resistance
In the spirit of protest and in efforts to retain the Second Amendment as it stands, a nationwide “Day of Resistance” has been called for Sunday, February 23rd in every state of our Great Republic.
In 2013 we have seen the following demonstrations by the states and Federal Government to disarm you in an effort to ultimately remove every freedom you have t…oday. These actions have little to do with “safety” and more to do with control.
1. IN THE NAME OF SAFETY – On January 15,The New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act of 2013 commonly known as the NY SAFE Act is a gun control law in the state of New York. The law was passed by the New York State Legislature on January 15, 2013, and was signed into law by Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo on the same day. The NY SAFE Act contains a number of firearms regulations, and a severability provision, in case the broad prohibitions against weapons are invalidated by the courts. The law required gun registration.
2. In the NAME OF SAFETY – On January 16, President Barack Obama issued 23 executive actions against your 2nd amendment affirmed right to bear arms. He did this without the consent of Congress which in itself, violates the foundation of the Constitution and the co-equal branches of government. Since then, no change to this incursion has happened and worse, Vice President Biden is hailing it as a great victory towards the “safety” of our nation. “They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” Ben Franklin
3. IN THE NAME OF SAFETY – August 29th, President Obama added to the list of 23 steps the White House already determined the president could take on his own by adding two more. One new policy will end a government practice that lets military weapons, sold or donated by the U.S. to allies, be reimported into the U.S. by private entities. The White House said the U.S. has approved 250,000 of those guns to be reimported since 2005; under the new policy, only museums and a few other entities like the government will be eligible to reimport military-grade firearms. The Obama administration is also proposing a federal rule to stop those who would be ineligible to pass a background check from skirting the law by registering a gun to a corporation or trust. The new rule would require people associated with those entities, like beneficiaries and trustees, to undergo the same type of fingerprint-based background checks as individuals if they want to register guns.
4. IN THE NAME OF SAFETY – September 25th Secretary of State John Kerry on behalf of the United States signed the Arms Trade Treaty (ATT), regulating the international trade in conventional arms in order to limit and restrict arms flow.
5. IN THE NAME OF SAFETY – November 18th, New York City moves to confiscate guns outlawed because they are capable of holding more than five rounds of ammunition – No registration would never lead to confiscation they said. You can keep your guns they said. FALSE! City enforcement are reviewing the gun registration forms and moving to disarm the city’s residents.
6. IN THE NAME OF SAFETY – November 29th, U.S. District Judge Marcia Krieger in Denver said the state’s sheriffs couldn’t sue the state as a group because they are elected officials. Her finding stopped a law suit by the Sheriffs against the state of Colorado to overturn controversial new gun control laws. Most of the state’s 64 sheriffs spearheaded a lawsuit to overturn laws that went into effect July 1 limiting the size of ammunition magazines and requiring universal background checks, saying they violate the Second Amendment and that they are unenforceable.
7. IN THE NAME OF SAFETY – December 3rd, Amid fears that 3-D printers could produce plastic weapons that easily evade metal detectors, the House plans to vote Tuesday afternoon on renewing a ban on these and other firearms. The bill is the rare piece of gun legislation that both parties seem capable of agreeing on. It is sponsored by Republican Rep. Howard Coble, of North Carolina, and Democratic Rep. Steve Israel, of New York. The Republican-led House is expected to approve a 10-year extension of the ban, which has been in place for 25 years. The bill on the floor Tuesday would renew a 1988 measure that bans the manufacture, import or sale of any firearm that can’t be picked up by a metal detector. The measure has taken on new urgency as some have figured out how to produce plastic weapons on emerging 3-D printer technology
Since December there have been a number of other legislative actions at the city, state and federal level.
In response to these unconstitutional actions by the President, Congress, Federal and State Officials such on .223, February 23, 2014 the American people will stand together in defiance to protect the right that protects ALL of our rights, the 2nd Amendment! They will organize locally so that they may band together neighbor to neighbor and reassert their community’s right to determine their own destiny!
Rallies will be open to anyone that feels the federal government is overstepping its bounds in demanding new gun laws, Obama care, federal incursion on states rights and sovereignty, nullification other topics.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.” Patrick Henry
Direct any questions/suggestions you have or requests to be added to the event mailing list to: David.email@example.com or (907)590-9140